The Official Interview Game

Questions posed by Jennifer at Jenn's Random Thoughts. I don't do most meme's, and certainly don't tag others when I do them....but....this is different. A volunteer rather than a draft meme is one I might enjoy.

  1. Because I don't know much about you, tell me about yourself. Your likes, dislikes, things that make you happy, sad, etc. Give me all the good stuff.

    - This already-blog-answered-answer can be found at Allow Me to Introduce Myself. Since I like verbose simplicity and dislike redundancy, I’ll let those 100 points stand (it includes all my good and bad stuff).

  2. You're from the fantastic state of Arizona. Would you ever leave such a great state behind and move if you were to fall in love with a woman on the other side of the country?

    - Certainly, of course, by all means. I’ve moved more times in my life than I’ve fallen in lust and love combined — leaving the Sonoran Desert for the high plains of love or even the higher mountains of enamor would only require me to unhitch my appaloosa and hit the dusty trail.

  3. Art is amazing. I suck at it. Can you teach me how to be artistic?

    - I don’t think it is possible to teach someone to ‘be artistic’; if a person already possesses an eye, ear, or taste (for painting, singing or cooking, as it were) then it's possible to refine and improve their raw talent. The short answer is: no.

    (Now to contradict myself.) It is very possible to instruct someone how to construct something considered ‘creative’ and even ‘art’ by others — in a sense, what I’m saying is, I could teach you how to combine specific items (let’s say…cloth, foam, paint, wood, and …ummm… ten thousand plastic drinking straws from Piggly Wiggly) into a large modern wall construction. You would have done everything, I’d only provide guidance. The end result: You'd have created something fab to hang over your momma's hand-me-down sofa and most of the other women in the trailer park, as well as Bubba and his other brother Earl, would think you created some art, sure nuf, fuckn eh. (When I re-read this last sentence, I sound rather harsh, heartless, and flagrantly small-minded about the inb-red-states but, really, it's all a facade...and only a set-up for my last answer.)

  4. Up all night, sleep all day or sleep all night, up all day? Why?

    - Both. I have no semblance of routine or schedule. I’m up for about twenty hours and I sleep about nine. Which means, simply, I sleep when tired and stay awake until that time rolls around again. Why? Because I can.

  5. Southern girls are sexy, right?

    - I hold a special place in my heart for women from: the southeastern Baltic and former Soviet states and countries (Slavic women have a very sexy lilt to their deep voices...I think I became aware of Natasha from Bullwinkle at an impressionable age); South Korea; the Southwestern states of the US of A; and Southern Austrailia (women downunder, can be wonderfully bold). But a women from any former-confederate state is simply unattractive (even after she removes her NASCAR t-shirt, spits out her dip, and irons her daddy's hooded white robe).
The Official Interview Game Rules

  1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.”
  2. I will respond by asking you five questions — each person’s will be different.
  3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
  4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: