Life Meme - from aibee's tag

What were three of the stupidest things you've done?
  1. Married in 1982, divorced in 1985.
  2. Married in 1986, divorced in 1991.
  3. Married in 1992, divorced in 2002.
I’ll let that stand alone in all it blazing stupidity.

Who has the most influence in your life?

I do.

My fox-point Siamese and my paramour exert the only external influences, all of which I love (except for the incessant yowling).

Who would you pick up for 'Dinner For Six' with your time machine?
  1. Jack Ruby (ran a strip-club in Dallas, died in prison of syphilis, shot Oswald, what stories he could tell!)
  2. Adolph Hitler (guarantees one interesting conversation: his explanation as to why he never eats meat).
  3. P.K. Dick (I would need someone much more crazy-intelligent than me to ask the others bizarre questions and then argue with their answers). I suspect Phillip would refuse to get into the time machine (paranoia was his forte). If so, I’d find H.D. Thoreau after he spent 22 months living in the woods.
  4. Eleanor Roosevelt (I bet she could — and, with a little coaxing and after-dinner drinks, will — kick Adolph’s ass in a bare-knuckle fight).
  5. Vincent Van Gogh before he removed his ear. (He and Adolph can swap suicide stories; besides that, he and I were both born on the same day…only 106 years apart).
If granted three non-supernatural wishes, what would they be?
  1. My ex-wife would die peacefully, in her sleep. Tonight.
  2. My paramour would get promoted. Next week.
  3. My sister would find someone with the je ne sais qua that makes her blissful. Soon.
Name two things you regret your city not having and two things people should avoid.

Phoenix, Arizona would be better if it had:
  1. A better art-house theater catering to a quick turnover of crunching-the-top, fringe, indie, and foreign films.
  2. White Castle or Krystal Burgers.
Avoid:
  1. Going outside in June, July, and August unless wearing SPF 189 while dashing between an air conditioned space and a swimming pool or vice versa.
  2. Staying indoors the other nine months of the year.
Name an event that changed your life.

I joined the Boy Scouts. I learned to love and respect nature, camp, hike and explore the outdoors before I became an Eagle Scout. All of which were gateway experiences for the US Army, where I learned to protect, serve, defend and explore a big chunk of the world before I retired.

Tag five people.

I tagged my dinner guests. They accepted my tag, but apologize for not posting. Most were more amazed about my description of blogs and the web of internets than they were of the time machine.

Of course, if you read this meme and want to do it...consider yourself tagged.

No comments: