I'm, currently, entering old-age.
Everyone ages at a different rate. For my mind and body, I was a child until I completely stood up to my parents; a young adult until I took total responsibility for myself (and got my first divorce); and I fully entered middle age when I retired from the military ten years ago. Today, aches and pains combined with a decrease in gumption (hard to believe I'm more lazy than ever) marks the cusp of my winter years. Only hindsight can confirm that prediction, because I might have an Indian Summer just over the horizon.
I think the following things will happen over the next twenty five years:
- President Obama is re-elected. [✓ 6 Nov 12]
- Obamacare is re-vamped to include government single-payer option.
- Erratic weather/earthquakes around the globe intensify. A catastrophe for some, a boon for others.
- Droughts and fracking causes ranches/farms in the US Midwest to become uninhabitable.
- A population paradigm shift occurs in many parts of the world.
- The US elects a woman president.
- The Internet replaces all current TV and film entertainment formats.
- Everything is streamed and downloaded instantaneously and in HD-quality.
- Paper books, magazines, and newspapers are obsolete.
- The global recession becomes a planet-wide depression.
- A large-scale war erupts involving many of the "major" governments.
- Nuclear weaponry is used.
- Same-sex marriage in the US becomes federal law.
- A manned habitat is begun on Mars.
- Apophis does not crash into Earth.
- A viral pandemic kills tens of millions.
- International travel is suspended for an extensive period.
- Cannabis is legalized in the US.
- Intelligent non-human extra-terrestrial life is identified.
- Korea is unified.
- Cost to mail a first class letter in the US tops one dollar.
- US minimum wage reaches $20 an hour.
- Massive "employee" shift occurs (from: full-time staff members; to: self-employed contractors).
- Roads become predominantly filled with battery powered cars.
- The US gas price tops $15.00/gallon.