Values, Socioeconomic Positions, Gravel for 2020 President


          If you have a personal set of values, and were asked to briefly outline a few you consider the most important, what would you say?

          I have some core values.  They are character traits that I've attempted to adhere to.
  • Treat everyone alike—from strangers I've never met to neighbors and family members.
  • My moral and ethical standards are governed by my own conscience.  I want to be a good person in my own eyes, therefore, I always attempt to behave with an awareness of the probable outcome, to ultimately avoid thinking of myself as a hypocrite.    
  • Avoid negative people, as well as those who are (actively and passively) emotionally draining.
  • Be aware that there are millions of people who are smarter than I'll ever be—listen when others speak; evaluate new ideas using critical thinking skills; be courageous enough to change my mind when I identify a more logical/rational idea.
  • Admit when I'm wrong and apologize for my past mistakes in judgement.
          If you are a US citizen who is politically aware enough to support a political platform, and were asked to briefly outline a few socioeconomic positions you consider the most important, what would you say?

          Until today, I would have referred to the list of issues of the Bernie Sanders 2020 Campaign.  If asked to pick those I consider the most important, I would have listed:
  • Economic Inequality
  • Healthcare
  • Political Reform
  • Criminal Justice Reform
  • Free Undergraduate Tuition
          But, now, I have to refer to the list of issues of the Mike Gravel 2020 Presidential Campaign.  These
are much more.  Much more of everything.  Everything that Bernie Sanders espouses but with complex, definitive, and in many cases, clearly-thought-out details.  A few which I consider best of the best:
  • National Ranked Choice Voting & The Wyoming Rule
  • Dept of Defense = War Dept and the Dept of Peace (with 50% cut in funding)
  • Bring every US troop home
  • American National Fund
  • Break Up Big Businesses
  • Public Banking For All
          Do you think Mike Gavel should become president in 2020...is not the question.  Anyone who asks that question isn't paying attention/has not read the first paragraph of this essay.  There are going to be at least two dozen people running in the Democratic Primary next year.  Their issues are what are important.  Deciding (defining) what your personal values are, and encouraging others to decide what theirs are, is what is most important.  We shouldn't care about what a candidate looks like, or what school they attended, or how many languages they can speak, or how old they are, or what sex they are...all that is unimportant.

          If you can't read and have to have your information read (spoon fed) to you, here is Mike Figueredo explaining in a video, why you should donate to Mike Gavel 2020.

No comments: