Amazon Feedback


          Fifteen years ago, I owned the pants which are pictured top-left.  They were rad, commando-comfy, and lasted about 60 washings before they fell apart.  I especially loved the large splashes of blue and purple.

          A few weeks ago I saw them on Amazon.  $46 (with shipping).  Feeling nostalgic, I ordered.  A few days ago the package arrived containing a different pair of pants.             

          They fit.  They were comfortable.  I didn't hate the pattern.  And I'm the type of guy who would only deal with the hassle of returning them if they didn't, weren't, or if I did.

          I wrote this ☆☆☆ review on Amazon:
          I received different pants.   It's now obvious the photo isn't a model wearing pants but a close-up swatch of photo-shopped material.  Although they're of a similar palette, the picture shows a large print with splashes of color every five inches; the actual pants have tiny color specks every inch.  Size, delivery, and material OK.  I'll use them, not return them, but they aren't what I ordered.
          Today, I got a call from the seller.  He acknowledged the pants I received (bottom left) weren't those pictured and asked if I wanted to return them for a full refund.  I explained my quantity of dissatisfaction (and how it wasn't enough to merit returning the pants).  He offered me a 50% rebate if I removed my review.

          I erased.  He paid me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good!

Anonymous said...

I have a problem with the overall premise of your article but I still think its really informative. I really like your other posts. Keep up the great work. If you can add more video and pictures can be much better. Because they help much clear understanding. :) thanks

Anonymous said...

Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

veach glines said...

I understand disliking my overall premise if you assume I'm instructing others on "how to scam on-line sellers by writing less-than-stellar reviews for rebates". That's not what I did, nor do I think it'll work in the future unless the situation is identical (picture differs from product) and...how would one know that ahead of time?