How I Spent My Summer CoV-acation




          There are a few interesting things to see in Westford, Vermont.  Besides a 180 year old covered bridge, there is a 700-pound (318 kg) carved wooden 'fuck you' gesture on a lighted pole and a 30-foot (9 meter) boat painted like a shark with a hand-painted sign: 'THIS VIRUS SUCKS...I WANTED ZOMBIES'.

          The reason I rarely permit myself to be photographed and, subsequently, don't publish photos which include my likeness, or visage, is because a UW-Milwaukee professor who taught me watercolor painting in the early 1980s said (as an explanation for why everything he wore, or owned, consisted of shades of grey):
          I believe the most successful artists are the best observers.  To be a good observer, one must strive to always blend in.  Nobody pays attention to some grey-haired old guy in a grey suit, wearing a grey tie and driving a grey car.  Like a scientist preventing their research from becoming contaminated by his or her own DNA, artists should be observers; not the observed.

more snap-photos of me:

No comments: