Wonderfully Obscure Song by Reunion


          Occasionally a 'one-hit wonder' becomes a 'classic'.  This one never did.  I loved this song so much in 1974 that I tried to write it all down and memorize the lyrics—just from repeat radio listening's.  Today, a plethora (today's word boys and girls!) of lists are a click away:  "Lost One Hit Wonders;" "Classic Golden Oldies;" or "Deep Album Tracks" and this song is almost certainly not on any of them.

          Thirteen years later, R.E.M. released It's the End of the World As We Know It (it's time I had some time alone) and the rambling poetic stream of prose, names, situations, and its long staccato-list of ways the world has changed (e.g: ... team reporters baffled, Trumped, tethered, cropped ...) reminded me of Reunion's Life is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me) and my Asperger's re-reminded me to ask those people in my vicinity if they ever remembered it.  And I've occasionally asked more and more people ever since then.

          Not one person has ever replied 'yes'.

          I can't be the last person to remember this song with a smile!  (Can I?)

No comments: