Zabadak!

 
          A 1967 song you have never heard a single note of by a band you have never heard mentioned in your entire life.  Mesmerize.  Theorize. 
 
          To name your band Dave Dee, Dozy, Beakey, Mick & Tich may not have been 50-years-ago-unusual but a name like that would have left gouge marks in the wallpaper both going in as well as after rigor set in and I had to dispose of the polyester ear-worm somehow.  Somehow.  *tension in my wrists to begin the Ward of Transmittal*  Which is why I know I have never heard of these five blokes.  Now, now we have. 
 
          However, the feat here was to never have any snippet of any one of their song(s) ever hit my eardrums, ever.  They must've (all five of em) traveled the world ahead of me paying radio stations to not mention them and not play their songs while I was in range.  Yea.  That's my theory and I'm stickin with it.
 

No comments: