Book Recommendation (Go On Project)

 
I have never read a book of this magnitude.  The Book of Not Knowing, by Peter Ralston, took about two months to read every one of the 580-pages, allowing myself sufficient time to accomplish all the contemplation-exercises and re-read parts which I required to be reminded of.
 
Once finished, I immediately began re-reading.  (At time of typing, I'm 32 pages into my second-read of this "consciousness bible".)  I was able to discern my Self after 537 pages and, consequently, became conscious of Being - for my first time. 

My impulse to re-read it, stemmed from an immense desire to learn if my current state of consciousness (after the unexpected and unforeseen "level up") might add a better perspective on the experience.  

Climbing the tallest mountain available on Earth, seems impossible to accomplish (until you reach the summit and surprise yourself that you're there).  Climbing the tallest mountain available on Earth - a second time - with an awareness that you are walking in your own footsteps, brings with it, an entirely new perspective.  An entirely new perspective on your Self.  

If I were to quickly describe the book, I would note that every paragraph is numbered.  The last paragraph is 26.54 (the fifty-fourth paragraph of the twenty-sixth chapter).  Every paragraph is comprised of simple-to-understand words; not overly-complex sentences; and (amazingly) adheres to the initially stated overall-explanation of: how to best understand your Self and become conscious of Being.

It is possible to read this book as a guidebook (with no intent to immerse yourself in the contemplation exercises) and to come out the other end simply, "more informed".

Many people might try to climb the tallest mountain available on Earth before they are in a sufficiently prepared mental condition.  Some of those might choose to quit part-way, but that's only those climber's selves looking out for their well-being and encouraging them to practice on smaller slopes and come back when they are better prepared to Go On.

I have obtained more of Peter Ralston's books.  I feel it is necessary to mention the fantastic editing by Laura Ralston - it is the best edited book I have ever been privileged to absorb.

No comments: